may i introduce: the dopeness (3 feb 10)

and i can't say that i was clever enough
to think of the classifications
wackness
and
dopeness
but i
i
i
shit.
i know it

i have felt
the dopeness
and.
mostly
i live the wackness

do you jive?
that is to say
are you one of us?
(incidentally,
i cannot conjure
a
sufficiently powerful synonym
for
bosom buddy.)

and this
expression of thought
in the
non-traditional
non-linear
practically non-poetic
piece
has a point:

mostly
i write about the wackness

sometimes i even forget that the dopeness ever
existed

but i would like to make a concentrated effort
to recall
withdraw
bugle call
the memories
subsequently
consequently
and hereafter
to be
referred
to
as
the dopeness

moments
when
you are about to have
a paroxysmal attack
from joy

a sneeze of flagrantly transcendental ecstasy

when exuding exaltation
is not
a
redundancy
but rather
an
understatement
for the superabundance
of
superfluous
bliss

that
is
the dopeness

intriguingly enough
only if you know
(that is to say, only if you have
lived, tasted, and experienced)
the wackness
can you know

the entirety
of
the dopeness


the felicity
of one
is
the ferocity
of the
other

and it is asked:
[what is happiness?]
sometimes philosophical questions
have no philosophical answers

1 comment:

bitsandpeaces said...

Bless you, Grace...

I have found myself squarely in the wackness and I can't remember what it feels like to be embraced in the dopeness.

I should have known that, months after the last time we saw each other, without knowing the details of what's going on, you would still know, understand and find a way to support me from wherever your adventures have taken you--with exactly the words I needed to hear.

You and Corissa are the reason I still have faith in friendship and people. Thank you.